Friday, June 14, 2013

"Sweet Lincon's Mullet!"-Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

I've decided that I want to lead into every blog post with a quote that is in some way relevant to what I'm writing about. It's like a style signature or something. Anyway onto the topic of the day: the film PACIFIC RIM.

Now I know I just said I wanted to open with a relevant movie quote and it seems like the topic is in no way related to the quote. While part of me wants to just let you figure out the connection on your own, I know the way my mind works is very unusual and people have a difficult time following my logic(that's another topic on its own). So I'll just spell it out for you: Mr. Burgundy's quote is awesome, and I think this movie looks awesome.

If you haven't seen the previews yet take a quick look-see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5guMumPFBag


Looks pretty sweet right? I think it does (if you're at the CF opening night premier I'll see you there). It's got one of those classic "TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY" features, GIANT robots fighting GIANT monsters. 

Now I know some people will not like this movie, maybe they don't like sci-fi or they think the premise is dumb. This is America, so it's fine for them to have that opinion. I'll tell you why I'm going to enjoy this movie though -- It's a throwback.

This is EXACTLY the kind of movie I would have begged my parents to take me too when I was a kid. I think if I'm honest with myself I can conclude that I'm still a kid at heart. I'd drink mountain dew before even thinking about coffee, I find "adult" activities, like wine tasting, boring and I still enjoy monster vs robots movies

So will Pacific Rim be a good movie? I haven't seen it yet so I can't say for sure, but I think it will be. Or perhaps I'm just ludicrously biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment